At MVP Equities a Construction Manager is responsible for working to ensure Apartment and
Condominium Construction projects are completed safely, on time, within budget and in compliance with
approved project documents, jurisdictional and applicable code requirements. The position reports to
Project Manager and CEO. The Construction Manager helps manage all aspects of the project including
planning, management of General Contractor, scheduling, cost control, general supervision, and labor
relations under the direction of the Project Manager and CEO.
We are currently hiring for a CM to manage projects in Alexandria, VA, Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC.
Some travel required. Position will be located out of our Mclean, VA office.
• Establish and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project or other selected scheduling software.
• Attend and coordinate Job Progress meetings in Alexandria, VA, Richmond, VA and Charlotte, NC.
• Review plans and specifications for coordination and value engineering.
• Assist in the review, processing and tracking of all RFI’s, Submittals, Shop Drawings and related consultant reviews and responses and jurisdictional permitting.
• Prepare and maintain project logs recording the processing of such within the Company project management software reporting systems.
• Work with GC to achieve project goals.
• Assist and track all permits required by governing jurisdiction.
• Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services, and scopes of work on assigned projects.
• Assist in field office set-up mobilization efforts for the project.
• Ensure all personnel development and training required by MVP Equities is completed.
• Assist in the preparation and review of GC Scope and Subcontractor Scopes of Work.
• From initial bid through the final payment, ensure that the project costs are properly documented, controlled, and forecasted monthly.
• Assist with the compliance to and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts, GC Contract and purchase orders.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 2 – 4 years related experience including knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, and scheduling and safety procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering.
• Five (5) years of applicable and related experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree Skills/Specialized Knowledge.
• Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS project. Proficiency with Procore, Bluebeam, DocuSign and Textura desired.
• Strong organization, time-management, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality.
• Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and multi-task.
• Strong communication and presentation skills—able to articulate ideas, communicate tactfully, and give and receive feedback
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
MVP Equities is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or
any other protected class.